For years I've watched members of my family play the game of 500. For those of you who don't know what 500 is, it's a game that uses most of a deck of cards, has four players, and you bid on taking tricks of cards. It doesn't look like much when you're watching... in fact, it looks downright boring.
Finally, I decided to try to learn the game. After having the rules explained to me and playing a couple of practice matches, I still had very little idea what I was doing, and why. Still, I was beginning to find an interest in the game.
Now I play with my family whenever I get a chance. I find it to be an engaging activity. I'm still not much of a player, and I frequently require advice from the other players at the table, but it's fun.
Today I had a great time playing cards with my dad, grandpa, and uncle. Grandpa was my partner, across the table from me, and we won three out of four matches. That short description doesn't do the afternoon justice, but it's a time I hope I won't soon forget.
Thanks guys. Let's play again sometime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment